We are working with a leading Operator with assets in the Middle East who are seeking a Senior Operations Geologist for 9-month consultant role to be based in Kurdistan, Iraq.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the development process of a well, including identification of potential locations to drill. Assists the drilling and reservoir team with wellsite geology operations. Prepares technical reports as required.
- Prepares geological program. Reviews and finalizes the daily geological reports and daily mud logging report.
- Supervises wellsite geology operations such as coring and logging and specific contracts to perform well operation work for all drilling activities and development well programs.
- Performs periodic evaluations of wellsite geologists. Prepares geological prognosis and identifies geological uncertainties.
- Attends daily drilling meeting and serves as key Interface between wellsite, geoscience and drilling team.
- Assists with definition of scope of work/evaluation of geoscience related drilling tenders and contracts (wireline, mud logging, coring).
- Ensures distribution of all wellsite data and reports to subsurface operation team and all agreed partners.
- Organizes the logistics and movement of all logging tools and reservoir and geological samples from the rig in cooperation with the subsurface operation staff.
- Continues to develop own professional expertise through optimising on-the-job and additional training and experiential opportunities. Conducts after actions reviews, section reviews and incorporation of lessons learned to enhance learning efficiency of the organization.
Salary & Package:
Our client provides a competitive monthly salary of $14,000 - $16,000 + 30/28 rotation + accommodation + mob/demob tickets provided
Contract duration: 9 months
To be considered please send your CV immediately. Due to an expected high number of applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted and considered.