About This Course
This 5 day training course is designed to provide an understanding of the wide range of surface production handling and treatment equipment. Participants will learn not only “what” but “how” field fluid treating equipment works. Participants will be introduced to the fundamental principles of fluid behavior and how it applies to all of the various equipment and systems comprised in production operations. Emphasis is on understanding the internal workings inside the piping, valves and vessels.
A significant outcome from participating in this course is improved team work and communication among the related technical disciplines in the field and office in order to enhance operational efficiencies, lower costs and improve production economics. Together with lectures, exercises are also worked-in together with the instructor to drive home the important learning points from the course.
Who Should Attend
This training course is designed for Production, operations, facilities and petroleum engineers; production managers and field production supervisors; surface equipment technicians; and technical or supervisory personnel who interact with field facility engineers and operators.
What You Will Learn
- The physical properties and phase behavior of crude oil and natural gas that govern production operations
- Field processes for treating and conditioning full wellstream production for sales or final disposition
- An introduction to the wide range of equipment used to process, treat, transport, and store oilfield produced fluids
- The basics of oilfield corrosion prevention, detection and treatment
- How to determine and minimize pressure drop in pipelines, valves and pressured vessels Internal workings of separators, pumps, compressors, valves and other treating equipment
- An overview of the processes and equipment used to handle acid gases
- An understanding of a wide range of produced fluid volume measurement and metering devices
- A description of treating equipment whether located downhole, on the surface, offshore platform or sea floor
About the Trainer
Hans Groote is a Production Engineer who has worked in the Oil & Gas Exploration and Production industry in Europe, Africa the Middle East and the Far East since 1973. He has working experience in (oil)field & terminal operations, well completions, planning & programming, hydrocarbon administration and has held the position of Offshore Installation Manager in the British sector of the North Sea when the recommendations of Lord Cullen were being implemented (1990-1993). Since 2001 Hans has worked as a consultant, mainly in training and skills assessment of Production Operations staff. He is responsible for the development and delivery of courses for graduate engineers and experienced field staff in the area of production surface and sub-surface operations for a variety of oil and service companies, for example Schlumberger, Wintershall, IV Oil & Gas, Shell, Sonangol, NAM, etc. He also developed a course in Asset Integrity & Process Safety training, which is being delivered successfully in New Zealand, Philippines, China, Malaysia, Brunei and Gabon (trained over 400 candidates in over 25 courses).
Course Fees : EARLY BIRD SGD 5,395.00 FEE SGD 5,595.00