Two (2) days of informal discussions prompted by selected keynote presentations and discussions. Workshops maximise the exchange of ideas among attendees and presenters through brief technical presentations followed by extended Q&A periods. Focused topics attract an informed audience eager to discuss issues critical to advancing both technology and best practices. The majority of the presentations are in the form of case studies, highlighting engineering achievements, and lessons learnt. In order to stimulate frank discussion, no proceedings are published and the press is not invited to attend.
- Proceedings will not be published; therefore, formal papers and handouts are not expected from speakers.
- Work in progress, new ideas, and interesting projects are sought.
- Professionally-prepared visual aids are not required; handwritten view graphs are entirely acceptable.
- Note-taking by participants is encouraged.
Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The Steering Committee encourages attendance from those who can contribute to the workshop most effectively either in discussions or with posters. A mix of attendees in terms of geographic origin, companies, and disciplines will be encouraged.
- The Steering Committee will appoint a “scribe” to record the discussions and to produce the full workshop report for SPE.
- This report will be circulated to all attendees as the workshop deliverable within 4–6 weeks following the workshop. The copyright of the report is with SPE.
- PowerPoint presentation materials will be posted on a specific SPE URL address after the workshop. Provision of the materials by the speakers will signify their permission for SPE to do so.
All attendees will receive an attendance certificate attesting to their participation in the workshop. This certificate will be provided in exchange for a completed Workshop Questionnaire.
Continuing Education Units
Attendees at this workshop qualify for SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU) at the rate of 0.1 CEU per hour of the workshop.
SPE Members – Local – USD 500.00, International USD 1000.00
Nonmembers – Local – USD 600.00, International USD 1300.00
Fee includes: Technical sessions, coffee breaks, luncheons, welcome reception and dinner (if applicable), and certificate of Continuing Education Units (CEU). Accommodation is NOT included in the workshop registration fee.
Purchase an SPE membership to save money by paying the lower member registration fee.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- A processing fee of USD 100 will be charged for cancellations received before the registration deadline 14 September 2018. For cancellations received after the registration deadline, 14 September 2018, 25% refund will be made to the registrant.
- No refund on cancellations received within seven (7) days prior to the workshop dates, i.e. on 7 October 2018.
- No refund will be issued if a registrant fails to attend the workshop.
SPE Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia will assist in providing a visa invitation letter, upon request in writing, to confirmed registrants after receiving full payment of registration fees. Visa invitation letters take five days to issue from the date of request and it is the course attendee’s responsibility to obtain their own visa. SPE cannot issue the visa nor can we guarantee it will be obtained
For further information please visit the SPE website or contact us at [email protected]