21 – 23 July 2020 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Drilling in deepwater environments is challenging, increasingly complex, costly and introduces many additional risks. Are you and your team trained in identifying and mitigating these risks?
This course, delivered in partnership with Kingdom Drilling, is facilitated by industry experts and will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to plan and drill potentially high-risk wells by using case studies and real-life examples relevant to today’s deepwater drilling challenges.
Deliver Deepwater Wells, Safely and Efficiently
Who Should Attend?
• All drilling professionals with an upcoming deepwater project
• Engineering, operations and geoscience personnel
• Senior rig crew and service personnel
What Will You Learn?
• The important differences between normal offshore and deepwater wells
• The skills required to identify key project hazards and risks
• The knowledge to mitigate the risks and prepare effective contingency plans
• The knowledge to adapt the technologies best suited for your deepwater project
Day 1: Differences• Definitions, drivers and challenges• Geology and geoscience• Pressure management• Metocean environments• Key drilling differences
Day 2: Well Planning• Standards, rules and regulations• Programs, safety and loss control• Well planning and design• Structural design• Main well design
Day 3: Drilling Operations• Transition to operations• Riserless drilling principals• Riserless drilling practices• Intermediate wellbores and pressure detection• Production wellbores and well control
Contact Merlin ERD:
Pam Conway – Training ManagerPhone: +44 1738 627 922E-Mail: [email protected]
(Head Office Perth, UK with operations in Aberdeen, Houston and Perth, Australia).
Responsible for Merlin ERD Ltd’s expert extended reach, horizontal, high angle and complex well operations and engineering training. Educating key drilling personnel in the very latest complex well drilling practices is key to identify the critical success factors to reduce drilling risk, time and cost.