About This Course
Learn from the internationally recognized “Guru” in cased hole logging, Dr James Smolen.
Why You Should Attend
Spread across five days, numerous log examples will be presented throughout this course for intensive class discussion.
Who Should Attend
Senior and experienced reservoir and production engineers and geologists, petrophysicists, log analysts and others involved in well surveillance, maximizing recovery, identifying production problems, or planning workover operations. Participants are required to have undergone prior basic training on this subject or have had extensive work experience in related topics discussed above.
What You Will Learn
By attending, you will be able to:
- Locate water, oil, and gas entries from flowmeter/fluid ID and temperature surveys
- Detect water movement inside/outside of pipe using oxygen activation
- Understand heavy phase “fallback” in flows and select tools to minimize its effect
- Know the problems of highly deviated/horizontal wells, how to log them, and what tools to use (coil tubing, tractoring, and the POLARIS, FSI, and MAPS tool strings)
- Identify if formation environments are suitable for Sigma or C/O logs
- Compute fluid saturations from pulsed neutron (Sigma and C/O) measurements
- Determine whether zonal isolation is likely from all types of bond logs
- Evaluate water, oil, and gas entry profiles from flowmeter/fluid ID and temperature
Course Fee: EARLY BIRD SGD 5,993.95 FEE 6,193.95
PetroEdge is the leading provider of Oil and Gas training in Asia. Our specialist industry focus enables us to provide targeted and in-depth knowledge based training courses for pivotal Oil and Gas organisations from across the world. Our training platform consists of webinars, e-learning and classroom face to face teaching. We annually execute over 300 training courses from a variety of disciplines ranging from oil and gas engineering to business for technical professionals to business leaders. Our training hubs in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Brisbane allows us to reach out to learners from different regions across the Asia-pacific region. Over the decade we have also been involved in providing technical training consultancy, coaching, industrial site visits and technical documentation development. Our in-depth understanding and appreciation of the Oil and Gas industry allows us to align our capabilities to meet the business objectives of our clients beyond what other providers are able to. Our passion is to facilitate the development of a knowledge based industry that is ready and equipped to face future challenges. Our clients have to come rely on us to meet their respective knowledge and skills development requirements over the years of service.