Welcome to our interactive calendar
Our training & events calendar is interactive, you can click to go months into the future, and we host details for up to a year in advance.
If you hover the cursor over each event, a pop-up will appear giving more details about the organiser and topic. If you click on links inside the pop-up, you can go to a full page write up including further information on times, directions, prices and so on.
- 0909.September.MondayPullman Grand Bangkok Sukhumvit30 Soi Sukhumvit 21, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
An in-depth class covering all aspects of intelligent Reservoir Drilling Fluid (RDF) design, and field implementation. We will start with factors that can impact formation damage potential, and industry best practices to mitigate them. The class will consist of both lecture and classroom exercises to engage the student in the learning process. Key areas of instruction will include:
- Formation Damage: how RDF components can affect the state of the reservoir.
- Bridging Pore Throats: the key to minimizing RDF invasion into the near wellbore.
- Computer modeling of bridging.
- Shale Stabilization: shale can be affected in varying degrees by RDF base fluid. This module will discuss the testing to validate a formulation for this criteria.
- Laboratory Testing of RDF formulations: a rigorous process that fine-tunes a formulation for field implementation, or testing against reservoir rock.
- Water-Based RDF’s: with chemical amendments, these can be very inhibitive.
- Oil-Based RDF’s: may be required for shale stability. Modifications may be needed to emulsifier concentrations for the RDF application.
- Breakers: usually advisable to help restore communication with the reservoir. There are many types to consider here.
- Well Bore Cleanups: an overview of cleaning up the wellbore for installation of an RDF, and changing over to completion fluid will be presented.
- Computer modeling of well cleaning.
After this class, the student will have a working knowledge of the critical elements RDF design can impact reservoir productivity. He or she will be ready to participate fully as a knowledgeable team member on any project involving the use of RDFs.
The class day will run from 08:30 AM to 16:30 PM, except on Friday, the 13th where dismissal will be made at 15:00 PM. Lunch will be provided and run from 12:00-13:00.
Registrations are final within 90 days of class commencement. Registration can be transferred to another class (may be subject to an additional fee depending on location), or another delegate from the same organization, within 1-year of the original class date.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all necessary entry visas are obtained to attend the class.
Dave Messler is a veteran of more thirty-five years in the oilfield reservoir drilling fluids (RDF’s), and completion fluids business. Having worked in engineering and technical capacities for M-I SWACO for much of this time, he was responsible for developing reservoir drilling fluids for major clients- Shell, BP, ExxonMobil, Chevron, and many others.
He is also a highly ranked instructor in this discipline and is certified as an RDF trainer by M-I SWACO and Schlumberger. He has taught students around the world in localities as diverse as Cape Town, South Africa to Bangkok, Thailand. In addition to his background in Training, Mr Messler has real-world experience in developing and deploying RDFs and breaker systems for wells around the world. Anecdotes and case studies from these experiences will form the basis for class discussion.
Mr Messler’s focus in training is to ensure that participants in the class remain engaged in the learning process during the course. There is a lot of classroom discussion, verbal work problems during the lecture, and individual and group exercises to utilize the time in the best possible manner.
Do you have an event that you want to promote?
For consultants and companies who wish to promote their events or courses, we can set up your account. This consists of a company profile page, with any media, and links back to the relevant pages of your website. You provide the details, and we will design and publish on your behalf.
We charge a setup fee of $100 per company page, which will be hosted on our website permanently.
Prices for each event are based on a maximum number of delegates:
- Up to 30 attendees: $25 per event.
- 31-100 attendees: $50 per event.
- 100+ attendees: $100 per event.
Then, we can add your company and event(s) to our calendar. You can have a write-up for both your company and event, with a photo, a map, and any other promotional information provided.
These pages will be indexed in the search engines and will show up when potential attendees search. Drillers.com has good standing in the search engines, so this is permanent publicity and promotion for your company.
We also publicise your event on social media, reach out to our network, and do what we can to get attention.
Incidentally, we can also help you with PR, articles and other good stuff; we can work out a custom advertising package for you. Take a look at our MEDIA PACK and RATE CARD for more details on our promotional services.
First of all, either send us a message through our contact page or get in contact with [email protected]
Serial Energy Entrepreneur. Webmaster at drillers.com. Founder of Out of the Box Innovations Ltd. Co-Founder of Natural Resource Professionals Ltd. Traveller and Outdoorsman, Husband, Father. Technology/Internet Geek.