Welcome to our interactive calendar
Our training & events calendar is interactive, you can click to go months into the future and we host details for up to a year in advance.
If you hover the cursor over each event, a pop-up will appear giving more details about the organiser and topic. If you click on links inside the pop-up, you can go to a full page write up including details on times, directions, prices and so on.
We aim to feature all of the most important and valuable events in our calendar, so if you think that something is missing, get in touch!
- 1414.October.Sundayhttps://drillers.com/event/spe-workshop-drilling-and-optimisation/Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, Cairo, EgyptRenaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel Ring Road, Mirage City, P.O. Box 250, Heliopolis Cairo, 11757 Egypt
In this workshop, we will discuss the early stages of seismic and well design, the different drilling and completion techniques, and optimum well production. A separate session will be dedicated to the giant Egyptian gas discoveries in the Mediterranean. The workshop will offer a rich environment to exchange and discuss optimisation techniques and we will discuss actual cases that can be implemented in the current workplace.
Optimisation techniques improve the quality of work we perform and the quality of life we live. Optimisation helps us produce better work at the right cost, no more no less. The process of drilling and completing oil and gas wells is an excellent arena for optimisation ideas. Nowadays, no project can start before accomplishing detailed economic studies to prove that no single step has been taken without considering optimisation. Such an approach encourages bankers and shareholders to invest in new projects and drill new wells. This workshop will combine drilling oil and gas wells with optimisation to show how many great ideas have been introduced to the industry and how the industry can benefit from them on a daily basis.
Two (2) days of informal discussions prompted by selected keynote presentations and discussions. Workshops maximise the exchange of ideas among attendees and presenters through brief technical presentations followed by extended Q&A periods. Focused topics attract an informed audience eager to discuss issues critical to advancing both technology and best practices. The majority of the presentations are in the form of case studies, highlighting engineering achievements, and lessons learnt. In order to stimulate frank discussion, no proceedings are published and the press is not invited to attend.
- Proceedings will not be published; therefore, formal papers and handouts are not expected from speakers.
- Work in progress, new ideas, and interesting projects are sought.
- Professionally-prepared visual aids are not required; handwritten view graphs are entirely acceptable.
- Note-taking by participants is encouraged.
Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The Steering Committee encourages attendance from those who can contribute to the workshop most effectively either in discussions or with posters. A mix of attendees in terms of geographic origin, companies, and disciplines will be encouraged.
- The Steering Committee will appoint a “scribe” to record the discussions and to produce the full workshop report for SPE.
- This report will be circulated to all attendees as the workshop deliverable within 4–6 weeks following the workshop. The copyright of the report is with SPE.
- PowerPoint presentation materials will be posted on a specific SPE URL address after the workshop. Provision of the materials by the speakers will signify their permission for SPE to do so.
All attendees will receive an attendance certificate attesting to their participation in the workshop. This certificate will be provided in exchange for a completed Workshop Questionnaire.
Continuing Education Units
Attendees at this workshop qualify for SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU) at the rate of 0.1 CEU per hour of the workshop.
SPE Members – Local – USD 500.00, International USD 1000.00
Nonmembers – Local – USD 600.00, International USD 1300.00
Fee includes: Technical sessions, coffee breaks, luncheons, welcome reception and dinner (if applicable), and certificate of Continuing Education Units (CEU). Accommodation is NOT included in the workshop registration fee.
Purchase an SPE membership to save money by paying the lower member registration fee.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- A processing fee of USD 100 will be charged for cancellations received before the registration deadline 14 September 2018. For cancellations received after the registration deadline, 14 September 2018, 25% refund will be made to the registrant.
- No refund on cancellations received within seven (7) days prior to the workshop dates, i.e. on 7 October 2018.
- No refund will be issued if a registrant fails to attend the workshop.
SPE Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia will assist in providing a visa invitation letter, upon request in writing, to confirmed registrants after receiving full payment of registration fees. Visa invitation letters take five days to issue from the date of request and it is the course attendee’s responsibility to obtain their own visa. SPE cannot issue the visa nor can we guarantee it will be obtained
For further information please visit the SPE website or contact us at [email protected]
- 2929.October.Mondayhttps://drillers.com/event/sand-control-operations/Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About This Course
This intensive five-day course is designed to provide participants with a thorough knowledge of downhole sand exclusion equipment and the operational procedures required for converting a drilled well into an efficient and safe producer. It follows a practical approach for the various types of sand control equipment, specific applications, the preparation and the final execution and installation of the equipment.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed primarily at completions and drilling engineers. It is also targeted at those that are influenced by sand control (e.g. reservoir, production and petroleum engineers) and those with responsibilities for implementing sand control (i.e. service companies).
- Completion Engineer
- Intervention Engineer
- Well Site Leader
- Entry Level/Support Personnel
- Well Site Manager
- Cross-Discipline Training
What You Will Learn
- List well data needed for sand exclusion design
- Illustrate different types of equipment
- Describe the application of different sand exclusion methods
- Prepare a list of Sand Exclusion Installation Equipment
- Determine the selection of suitable completions fluids
- Explain post job graphs
- Describe common issues/problems and suitable mitigations
- Describe the procedures for running various types of sand control equipment
- Describe different methods of gravel packing
- Identify the critical QA/QC processes
About the Trainer
Gordon has over 37 years of oilfield experience specializing in Technical and Commercial Operations in Drilling, Completions & Well Services professional with both IOC’s & various service companies, just to name a few, include Shell EP International, Santos, Petro-Canada, Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) and BP. He is currently the Technical Director for PetroEdge. To date, he has taken on several training instructor assignments around the world including Malaysia, Spain, Thailand, Brazil, the UAE, Iraq, Iran & Indonesia as well as Australia. He currently delivers training on Completions Fundamentals for BP Well Site Leaders of the Future and the Chevron “Horizon Programme to Trainee Drill Site Managers”. This programme has spanned over 18 courses delivered in Houston, Baku, Duri, Bangkok, Aberdeen & Perth. Selection of training courses directly involved are: – Completion: Equipment, Applications, Types and Applications ; Rigless Interventions, Slickline, Wireline, Hydraulic Workovers and Associated New Technologies; Well Integrity Management which is Accredited by IADC; Advanced Well Integrity Management; Deepwater Completions; Completions and Well Interventions related to Drilling, Completions and Workover Operations; Introduction to Exploration & Production, Wellsite Leadership; Well Interventions; Well Completions Design; Petroleum Engineer for Non Petroleum Engineer and Advance Intergrated Production System. During his career, he has also been actively involved in the preparation of Management Systems, Operating Procedures, Operations Manuals, peer reviews of legislation for ISO & BSEE. All of these documents require both a technical knowledge and the ability to transfer this knowledge into the written word.
Course Fee : EARLY BIRD SGD 4,995.00 FEE SGD 5,195.00
For further details or to register please visit: https://www.petroedgeasia.net/course/Sand_Control_Operations
Do you have an event that you want to promote?
It’s free to add your event to our events calendar, but if you want us to actively promote you, we can come to a paid arrangement based on actual results. To start, we can offer you a free trial, with the posting of unlimited events.
Then, we can add your company and event(s) to our calendar. You can have a write-up for both your company and event, with a photo, a map, and links back to your website.
These pages will be indexed in the search engines and will show up when potential attendees search. Drillers.com has good standing in the search engines so this is permanent free publicity and promotion for your company.
If you want us to publicize your next event on social media, reach out to our network, help you with PR, articles and other good stuff, we can work out a mutually beneficial agreement.
Serial Energy Entrepreneur. Webmaster at drillers.com. Founder of Out of the Box Innovations Ltd. Co-Founder of Natural Resource Professionals Ltd. Traveller and Outdoorsman, Husband, Father. Technology/Internet Geek.